The current situation within the UK is changing rapidly, and we are mindful of the need to continually review its impact on the Leyland Barracudas ASC swim programme and other Club activities. The health and safety of our members, swimmers and coaches is of the utmost importance, and the Club will continue to follow the advice and guidance that is being regularly issued and updated by the UK Government and Swim England, our governing body.
The latest advice from Swim England, as of Monday 16th March, is that swim training can continue.
Please help us to minimise the risk within our Club and the wider community by complying with the following:
1. No-one (parents, swimmers, coaches, helpers) should attend training if they are displaying any of the published symptoms of Covid-19, or if it is against any of the latest advice issued by the UK Chief Medical Officer on behalf of the UK Government.
2. All swimmers should shower before and after their training session.
3. Swimmers should not share personal equipment, such as snorkels, snacks or water bottles with others at any time.
4. Swimmers should wash their hands regularly and thoroughly including after using the toilet.
5. It remains the responsibility of parents or carers of children under 12 years of age to be present when the swimmers are training. In the current circumstances, parents or carers are not specifically required to remain in the spectator areas around the pools, but must remain within the immediate vicinity such that they are contactable at all times, and are able to immediately attend to their swimmer if required to do so (There may be instances where the Club needs to make last minute changes to training sessions).
Regrettably, we have taken the decision to postpone the upcoming Sprint Gala on the weekend of Saturday and Sunday, 21st and 22nd March 2020.
This again reflects the advice of the UK Government and Swim England, due to the potential increased risk posed by greater numbers of people on poolside and in spectator areas at any given time.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused but anticipate your understanding in the current circumstances. We will review potential alternative arrangements at a later date.
There is obviously the potential for further postponement, changes and cancellations to the Club’s training and competition programme in the following weeks and months.
We expect we will need to update our plans as further measures and guidance are announced by the UK Government and Swim England. We will communicate these at the earliest opportunity.
Please ensure your contact details always remain up to date on Swim Manager.
If any member has concerns or comments as a result of this announcement, then please address to firstname.lastname@example.org.