Distance Gala 2019
Published: Monday, May 13, 2019
We are holding our Distance Gala over the weekend of 8th and 9th June 2019 at Leyland
Entries are now Open. All members should have received a message via Swim Manager that provides full details of how to enter. Closing date is 18.00 on Monday 27th May.
Swimmers wanting to compete at County and North Lancashire levels will need to enter this gala.
The entry conditions for this gala are:
- Entrants must be members of the club and have no outstanding fees
- All entrants must be 9 years or older on 31st December 2019
- 400m Freestyle is for swimmers aged 10 and over only
- 400m IM, 800m (girls) and 1500m (boys) are for swimmers aged 11 and over only
- Entries are subject to acceptance by the Chief Coach and/or Competition Secretary. A swimmer will be refused entry to an event if they have not passed the assessment for the relevant stroke.
- The promoter reserves the right to restrict entries in the interests of safety, time constraints and to ensure the smooth running of the competition. Events chosen for restriction will be at the discretion of the promoter. An alternative event or refund will be issued to competitors whose entry is denied where this condition has been exercised
- Entry Fee £3.00 per event.
- No refunds once entry received
- CLOSING DATE: 18:00 – Monday 27th May 2019
Entries should be made via the electronic entry system only, this can be accessed via Swim Manager, this significantly reduces the administration time for competition organisers. NO PAPER ENTRIES.
For anyone who cannot access the system, or who experiences technical issues, please contact Lisa Robinson.
Please note that for the entry to be valid, payment must be made by Bank transfer, when entry is submitted and before the entry deadline (payment is NOT automatically taken by Swim Manager).
There are no exceptions for late entry.
Withdrawals MUST follow the procedure outlined in the general gala rules and can only be made through Lisa Robinson on 07988907639 (by text) at any time up to 1 hour before the start of the session. Withdrawals via anyone else are not valid.
Warm up will be 1:00pm on Saturday and 3:00pm on Sunday. Swimmers will be allowed to register 30 minutes before warm up, and should be on poolside 5 minutes before warm up begins.
Parents please note: On the day of the gala, there will be an admission charge to spectate. The club does not attempt to make a profit from galas but does try to break even.
Any queries,please contact Lisa Robinson (Competition Secretary) on the above number.